Coaching Skills for Managers: How to Be a Coach in the Workplace
How to Be a Coach, Not Just the Boss
While it may be true that you are the “boss,” or otherwise have formal authority in your particular situation, it’s a fact that you’ll be more effective if employees also see you as a leader. And, for that to happen, they need to see you as a coach – not just any coach, but their coach. You need them to see you as someone who is committed to helping them grow and develop while also looking out for the best interests of the overall team and the organization. And, of course, the only way your team members will see you as a coach is if you act like one. Fortunately, the skills necessary to coach employees aren’t hard to master, once you know what they are. Attend this informative training session and learn what separates bosses from coaches and mentors while discovering how to incorporate effective coaching strategies to improve performance into your relationships with your employees at all levels.
Get practical, concrete strategies you can apply to developing an appropriate coach-employee relationship with those you are tasked with leading. Key topics include:
- Identifying key differences between the ‘boss’ mindset and that of a coach
- Benefits of coaching in the workplace and on the job
- Do’s and don’ts of coaching-focused communication and workplace relationship building
- Boss-like behaviors (to avoid!) that create barriers to coaching effectiveness
- Step-by-step: How to provide performance feedback via practical workplace coaching scenarios and examples
- Demonstrating commitment to helping employees grow and develop to achieve their potential
- Growing as an effective leader through developing coaching skills
Attend live or via recording (90 day access to recording).
This program is approved for 1.0 general HRCI credit and 1 SHRM PDC.
The Mentor 101 Series Live or Recorded
- Employee Feedback That Works: How to Give and Receive Effective Feedback - $169 Thu, 05/14/2020 - 12:00pm
- Workplace Mentoring 101: How to Be an Effective Mentor - $169 Wed, 06/17/2020 - 12:00pm
Purchase all three webinars at a discount - $425.00
|Individual Webinar||$ 169.00|