HR Generalist Certificate Program - Knoxville TN
As an HR Generalist, you are expected to be an expert in every human resource function, including everything from hiring to compensation to payroll to performance management to the numerous employment laws such as the FMLA, ADA, COBRA, FLSA, IRCA, and many more.
Not only do you need to have a strong knowledge base in all areas, but even more importantly, you need to be able to apply your knowledge to the daily situations that arise in your workplace.
Key Benefits Of Attending The Certificate Program For HR Generalists:
This course has been designed to provide you with practical solutions to the HR challenges you confront everyday.
You'll get the vital knowledge you need to succeed - plus the critical strategies to perfect your HR skills. By attending this three-day training program, you will:
- Discover best practices and indispensable strategies for every HR function
- Acquire the practical knowledge and tools you need to navigate employment law landmines
- Get to practice what you learn through "real-life" case studies!
- Network with HR professionals from across the country in an exciting location
- Earn an "HR Generalist Certificate" that enhances your professional growth
- Earn 18 PHR / SPHR re-certification credit hours and 18 SHRM PDCs!
You also receive access to HRTraining Center's online Training & Certification programs for FMLA, ADA, COBRA, and Paycheck Fundamentals!
Retailing for $399 each - but included as part of your seminar enrollment fee - these award-winning training courses teach you how to comply with these laws, and include numerous administrative tips and procedural recommendations for keeping your organization in compliance.
With these programs, you also receive FREE updates whenever the law changes, plus the ability to earn a "Certified Administrator" designation, which provides more value for you and your organization!
Learning Objectives / Key Agenda Items
This intensive, three-day training program includes 14 information-packed modules - plus Interactive Exercises - covering everything you need to excel as and HR Generalist. Here are some of the things you'll learn/benefit from:
- Understanding HR's role within the organization to add maximum value
- How to create a strategically-aligned HR department to drive organizational results
- Strategies for identifying and overcoming the current challenges in the HR profession
- Learning what to do to improve HR's brand image within the organization
- Employer obligations regarding when to conduct workplace investigations
- Common laws that create additional "boundaries" in the contemporary workplace
- Understanding today's "must-have" company policies to minimize risk of litigation
- Understanding your compliance obligations regarding FMLA, ADA, COBRA, and more
- Implementing strategies to control and investigate FMLA abuse
- Learning how to handle personal time off (PTO), vacation, sick pay, and workers' compensation
- Handling "sticky issues" such as declining employee performance, absenteeism, and unreasonable requests
- Recruiting: what's working – and what's not
- Contemporary strategies for employee on-boarding – knowing how and when to leverage technology in the process
- Learning how to conduct a thorough needs analysis to determine if training is even the answer
- Common organizational mistakes in developing training programs and how to avoid them
- Learning the critical steps in developing a training project: from initial scope to evaluation of program
- Learning why clear, measurable, aligned objectives are the keys to training program success
- Understanding contemporary strategies in designing compensation systems
- Learning why variable compensation is growing in popularity
- Understanding how to create an effective benefits survey to obtain valuable data
- Understanding what is working - and not working - in performance management
- Beyond reviews: understanding the action steps to effectively manage employee performance
- Learning how to identify the issues HR owns vs. what the leadership team owns
- Identifying strategies to coach, mentor, and develop supervisors and managers to facilitate more positive employee relations
- Your HR Career: where do you go from here?
How To Earn Your Credentials
- Your "HR Generalist Certificate" - Upon completion of this three day seminar, you will be awarded with an "HR Generalist Certificate"! This certificate will become a permanent addition to your professional resume, and greatly enhance your value to your organization
- Your "Certified Administrator" Designation - Simply complete any of the Training &Certification Programs included with this course, then pass the exam and receive a certificate that is suitable for framing
- PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits - This program has been approved for 18 re-certification credit hours through the HR Certification Institute. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit the HR Certification Institute website at www.hrci.org. The use of this seal is not an endorsement by HRCI of the quality of the program. It means that this program has met HRCI's criteria to be pre-approved for recertification credit.
- SHRM PDCs - This program is valid for 18 PDCs for the SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP. For more information about certification or recertification, please visit www.shrmcertification.org.
Below are the times for this three-day course, which starts on the dates posted herein.
Day 1: 8am - 4pm
Day 2: 8am - 4pm
Day 3: 8am - 4pm
An "Early Bird" discount is offered for registrations made 30 days prior to the seminar date, so register today! Register here for the August 6 - 8 session in Knoxville.