Are you tired of struggling to have your ideas heard and taken seriously in your company? Do you want to learn how to be more influential in your professional life? Do you want to play a key role in organizational decision-making, changes and strategic planning? If you’re ready to take your career to the next level, it’s important to learn how to develop your influence skills.
That’s exactly what you’ll learn how to do in MTI’s Cltivating Influence: How to Build Your Credibility, Establish Strategic Relationships & Influence Organizational Decision Making workshop. In order to become influential, you first have to understand the factors that lead to being viewed as a person with influence and commit to cultivating traits and skills within yourself that will position you as an influential professional who can have strategic impact.
Cultivating influence is essential to a being viewed as an effective leader – formal or informal – and is an important key to getting opportunities to have a strategic impact within your organization. Influence begins with establishing credibility and building effective relationships. People who are able to influence others – even without formal authority – are in a unique position to distinguish themselves as strategic-minded professionals, and they can have a real impact on organizational decision making.
Attend this informative program and learn:
- Why it’s critical to develop the ability to influence others
- Key differences between influence and authority – and how influence can be more impactful
- What influence is based on/where it comes from
- Key characteristics of influential people
- Developing the mindset required to become influential
- How to develop the credibility necessary to be viewed as an influencer
- How to establish the strategic stakeholder relationships required to develop the ability to influence individuals and organizational decision-making
- Key communication skills and strategies to establish yourself as an influential individual
- How to build a consensus and why this is necessary for influence
- How and when to use bargaining and negotiation skills
- Key considerations for overcoming change resistance
- Ways to reinforce success by taking results to the bottom line/demonstrating ROI and organizational impact
- Specific behaviors (to avoid) that hinder your ability to be viewed as an influential member of the organization
- Leveraging your influence to have a positive impact on organizational decision making, strategic planning and organizational change
Who Should Attend
- HR leaders
- Other HR professionals
- Team Leaders
- Those who aspire to be leaders
- Career-focused professionals at all levels
- Organizational Development (OD) professionals
- Organizational Excellence professionals
- Project Managers
- Business owners
This program can be delivered in varying lengths, ranging from a half-day workshop to a one-hour keynote presentation or webinar. Contact us to schedule a session for your company or organization.
If you are committed to growing as a strategic leader (regardless of your current position or level), our Leadership Insights Workshop may be right for you. It includes the Everything DiSC Work of Leaders assessment and emphasizes practical solutions specific to your natural leadership style and best practices for effective leadership.