Each generation is unique – just as each person is unique – and people from all age groups have the ability to make significant contributions in the modern workplace. Building a positive, productive workforce starts with valuing all generations as a whole, as well as valuing the individual contributors in your organization – regardless of generation. Perfecting the art cross-generational communication in the workplace has to start with knowledge of what key generational differences are and why, and insight into how each generation – and the individuals within it – adds value. This requires getting to know key differences among generations, including their formative influences, characteristics and workplace behaviors, as well as how to manage outside your own generation. That's exactly what you'll learn from MTI's Generational Divide: Understanding Generational Differences in the Workplace workshop.
When people from different generations work side-by-side in the workplace, as they do every day, this poses unique workplace challenges, but it also sets the stage for tremendous opportunity as well. While the different generations don’t always see ‘eye-to-eye,’ bridging the generational divide can lead to greater innovation, productivity, effectiveness and – ultimately – competitive advantage. That’s the power that can come from leveraging the power and benefits of generational diversity. Key topics covered in this informative session include:
- Overview of the 4 primary generations participating in the workplace (millennials, generation X, generation Y, Baby Boomers)
- Impact of previous generation (traditionalists) on the current state of the workplace
- Understanding/clarifying what makes each generation unique, in terms formative influences, characteristics and workplace behaviors
- Tips for managing & working with individuals in other generations, both older and younger
- Practical tips for applying knowledge of generational differences to build a better workplace
Who Should Attend
- HR professionals
- Managers & Supervisors
- Employees at all levels
- Business owners
- Organizational Development (OD) professionals
- Organizational Effectiveness professionals
This program can be delivered in varying lengths, ranging from a half-day workshop to a one-hour keynote presentation or webinar. Contact us to schedule a session for your company or organization.