In difficult times characterized by uncertainty and fear, effective leadership is critical. Leading through turbulent times is the ultimate test of effectiveness for a leader. Leading strategically in rapidly changing situations with many unknown factors is challenging, but you can do it. Attend this informative session and learn how to rise to the challenge of leading effectively in times of crisis.
This session emphasizes a practical approach for leadership action and communication during a crisis. Key topics include concrete how-to strategies leaders can apply to:
- Reinforce vision as a point of focus throughout turbulent times
- Utilize Maslow’s hierarchy to identify likely employee needs in light of the current situation and to structure communication and leadership practices accordingly
- Demonstrate servant leadership by meeting team members where they are and providing what they need to the best of your ability
- Implement effective crisis communication strategies (and structure!) to reduce misinformation
- Set realistic expectations, both for what you can do and how you can expect team members to respond
- Lay the groundwork for your team to stay cohesive through the crisis and come out stronger on the other side
Remember, anyone can steer a ship in calm waters. As a leader, you’re the captain of your team. It’s what you do now that will impact how your team weathers the storm. Join this informative session and discover how you can be the difference for your team.
Attend live or via recording (90 day access to recording).
This program is approved for 1.5 general HRCI credits and 1.5 SHRM PDC.