A reduction in workforce is definitely not a situation that any manager, business owner, or HR professional wants to have to deal with, but sometimes these situations become an unfortunate reality. Advance training for everyone who will be involved in the notification process is critical. That is exactly what your team will learn in MTI's informative program, Leading Through Downsizing: Best Practices for Layoff Notification and Survivor Communication.
The way layoff notifications are handled will have a direct impact on the entire organization, including both the people who are directly affected (meaning their positions have been eliminated) and the individuals who will be staying with your organization – the layoff survivors – as the company moves forward. Handling the notification and post-notification process appropriately is an important key to protecting the organization’s brand and image, as well as maintaining good relationships with employees who will continue working with the company after a reduction in force (RIF). If your organization is facing a layoff, the leadership team, supervisors and HR professionals who will be involved in notifying employees must be properly trained regarding best practices for what is sure to be a stressful and difficult time for everyone involved.
Key topics covered include:
- Keys to effective leadership leading up to, during and following layoff notifications
- Critical elements of effective, respectful layoff notification conversations, including timing, content and delivery
- Example “best practice” notification conversation
- What to expect in terms of responses, questions and reactions from affected workers
- Managerial considerations regarding layoff survivor emotions, morale, productivity and team structure
- Moving forward following this time of turbulence
Who Should Attend
- HR Professionals
- Managers & Supervisors
- Business Owners
- Organizational Development Professionals
This program can be delivered in varying lengths, ranging from a half-day workshop to a one-hour keynote presentation or webinar. Contact us to schedule a session for your company or organization.