Having a strong team provides today’s organizations with a competitive advantage, and leaders, HR professionals, and others (such as learning & development or organizational effectiveness practitioners) are uniquely positioned to play a very active role in cultivating an organizational culture where teamwork is not only possible, but can thrive.
Developing an organizational culture designed to empower teams at all levels to become cohesive, functional and effective (all factors that impact bottom line success!) requires strategic thinking, planning and implementation.
Attend this informative, detailed session and discover key best practices and practical strategies that can impact team development throughout every aspect of the organization. Get the information you need to develop an action plan to apply these strategies and create a culture of teamwork throughout your organization.
Topics covered include how to:
- Serve as an effective an internal team development consultant to leaders, managers and employees across the organization, coaching and providing resources proactively
- Implement a strategic approach to staffing, succession planning and career development designed to maximize both team development and organizational performance
- Design a strategic selection and onboarding process designed to maximize team effectiveness throughout the organization
- Ensure managers and leaders truly understand and are held accountable for their role in cultivating a culture of teamwork
- Diagnose/identify true team challenges to develop substantive, lasting change (rather than one-size-fits all team building efforts) consistent with business strategy
- Incorporate learning and development opportunities specific to team development into the organization’s talent development strategy
- Ensure all team building efforts are tied to and support business strategy as well as serve the interests of the organization’s stakeholders
- Reinforce to organizational leaders the many ways strong teams and organization-wide team building efforts contribute to overall business strategy and bottom line success
- Persuade top leaders to commit to building effective leadership and management teams at their level, as well across other leadership, management and functional teams throughout the organization
- Demonstrate and reinforce the positive impact of team building efforts with key metrics indicative of impact on organizational results
From strategic planning through ongoing interventions and activities, key leaders and HR professionals play a very direct, active and strategic role in the team building process. In turn, having strong teams throughout the organization drive business success. By applying and implementing the best practices and practical strategies covered in this session in your organization, you’ll be on your way to expanding your strategic impact on your organization and contributing to building a better workplace through stronger teams in a very real way.