The Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team is an assessment-based learning experience that helps build high-performing teams. Based on Patrick Lencioni’s internationally best-selling leadership fable The Five Dysfunctions of a Team, this powerful program focuses on putting The Five Behaviors™ model into practice. Taking into consideration personalities and preferences to develop a cohesive and productive team takes work, but the payoff can be huge - for your people, the team and the organization.
The program has a simple goal: to help people discover how to build a truly cohesive and effective team. It helps teams understand how they score on key components of the Five Behaviors Model: Trust, Conflict, Commitment, Accountability and Results. Individuals will also discover how their own personality style and the styles of their team members contribute to the team's overall success. You can choose between Everything DiSC® or All Types™ (MBTI®-compatible) for the personality component of your team's assessments.
This program is based on the five behaviors critical to team effectiveness. A productive, high-functioning team exhibits the five behaviors:
- 1. Establishes Trust between team members
- 2. Engages in Conflict around ideas
- 3. Commits to decisions
- 4. Holds team members Accountable
- 5. Focuses on achieving collective Results
There are many advantages to investing in team development. Productive, high-functioning teams that have mastered the five behaviors are able to:
- Make better, faster decisions
- Tap into the skills and opinions of all members
- Avoid wasting time and energy on politics, confusion and destructive conflict
- Avoid wasting time talking about the wrong issues
- Avoid revisiting the same topics over and over again due to a lack of buy-in
- Create a competitive advantage
Not just a one-and-done workshop, this program includes a progress report, which allows for an assessment-based team check-up to determine how far the team has come. In addition to initial assessments and facilitation:
- One team follow-up progress report at an agreed-upon interval based on your team's unique needs is included with your workshop.
- Additional progress reports, assessments when new team members are added and additional consulting/facilitation services are available as an option.
A variety of delivery options are available, and the amount of time needed may vary based on team needs. The optimal time-frame is generally a 3-day workshop, though we also offer 2-day workshops and shorter-term sessions delivered over a period of time. Typical delivery options include:
- 2 - 3 day off-sites for leadership, management or other team retreats
- 2 - 3 day workshops, delivered on consecutive days or non-consecutive intervals (such as the first Friday of each month for three months, three Tuesdays in a row, etc.)
- 1 full day workshop followed by 4 - 5 half-day sessions
- 6 - 8 half-day sessions
Additional scheduling options are available, based on your team's unique needs. Our expert trainers will work with you to create a schedule that meets your needs.
If you prefer to administer Five Behaviors in-house, we will be happy to work with you. As your Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team Authorized Partner, MTI Business Solutions can set up a do-it-yourself assessment dashboard and provide the support and training you need for effective internal implementation. An optional online Five Behaviors train-the-trainer accreditation option is also available for those who want to learn how to effectively facilitate Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team internally.
This program is designed for intact teams. It is an effective, meaningful team building solution appropriate for all kinds of teams, including management, leadership, executive, departmental, functional and project teams. It is also an excellent tool for Boards of Directors and Trustees.