Workplace Mentoring 101: How to Be an Effective Mentor
Learn How to Be a Good Mentor in the Workplace
Mentoring can be a powerful tool for employee development, though the success of such initiatives starts with ensuring that mentors have the skills that are necessary to help develop mentees. MTI’s one-day Workplace Mentoring 101 session is designed for individuals who are or are preparing to serve as mentors in employee development programs, as well as managers, HR professionals, and other leaders. This workshop provides a comprehensive overview of key best practices for workplace mentoring and practical strategies for mentoring success.
Key focus areas of MTI's Workplace Mentoring 101: How to Be an Effective Mentor course include:
- Introduction to Mentoring: Characteristics & responsibilities of being a mentor, including establishing expectations and setting ground rules
- Effective Feedback: Key skills for providing effective feedback in a mentoring relationship, including positive feedback (both appreciation and praise) and feedback focused on performance improvement.
- Coaching Skills for Mentors: Mastering the do’s and don’ts of coaching-focused communication to motivate mentees to achieve their potential.
- Relationship Management: Defining & developing the mentor/mentee relationship, including building trust and adapting to individual differences.
Who should attend:
- Workplace mentors
- Mentor trainees
- Talent development professionals
- Professionals preparing for a move to management/leadership
- Organizational development professionals
- High potentials
- Individuals involved in onboarding
- Peer leaders
- Business owners
- Human resource management professionals
- Others who have management or leadership responsibilities
?The Mentor 101 Series Live or Recorded
- Coaching Skills for Managers: How to Be a Coach in the Workplace - $169 Thu, 04/09/2020 - 12:00pm
- Employee Feedback That Works: How to Give and Receive Effective Feedback - $169 Thu, 05/14/2020 - 12:00pm
Purchase all three webinars at a discount - $425.00
10 am - 11:15 am CST / 11 am - 12:15 pm EST
|Webinar Fee Options|
|Webinar Session+Recording (6 months view-able)||$ 169.00|
|All 3 Webinar Sessions+Recording (6 months view-able)||$ 425.00|