Influence Skills for HR Leaders
Are you tired of struggling to have your ideas heard and taken seriously in your company? Do you want to play a key role in organizational decision-making, changes, and strategic planning? If you’re ready to increase your professional influence and grow as an HR leader, it’s time to commit to developing your influence skills.
Becoming more influential starts with committing to cultivating skills and behaviors that will position you as an influential professional who can have a strategic impact on organizational success. You’ll learn how to do exactly that as a result of attending this informative program.
Influence Skills Training for HR
Attend this program and learn how to grow your influence as an HR leader. You’ll learn:
- Why it’s critical to develop the ability to influence others
- Key differences between influence and authority – and how influence can be more impactful
- What influence is based on/where it comes from
- Key characteristics of influential people
- How to cultivate the credibility necessary to be viewed as an influencer
- How to establish the strategic stakeholder relationships required to develop the ability to influence individuals and organizational decision-making
- Key communication skills and strategies to establish yourself as an influential
- Behaviors (to avoid) that hinder your ability to be viewed as an influential organizational leader
- Leveraging your influence to have a positive impact on organizational decision making, strategic planning, and organizational change
Influence is an essential component of organizational leadership at all levels, and it begins with establishing credibility and building effective relationships. People who are viewed as influential are in a unique position to distinguish themselves as strategic-minded professionals, and they can have a real impact on organizational decision making.
Who Will Benefit:
Examples of professionals who can benefit from this program include:
- HR business partners
- HR generalists
- HR directors
- HR managers
- HR executives
- HR professionals in other roles
- Organizational development professionals
- Other professionals who want to learn how to cultivate influence
Registration provides live session attendance for one person, as well as access to a recording of the program for 6 months. Sign up below for individual registration ($169) or register for our a best-value package that includes access to all 5 of MTI's 2019 Strategic Webinar Series programs ($495).
The Strategic Webinar Series
If you wish to register for the full series, select the "all 5 Webinar sessions" fee option after selecting "Register Now" below. Each webinar in this series meets from 10 am – 11:15 am CST/11 am – 12:15 pm EST on a Thursday. Can't make one or more of the live sessions? Attend via recording for 6 months following the date of the live session.
- Leading Managers to Create a Culture of Accountability - May 2
- Strategic Managerial Decision Making - May 16
- HR’s Strategic Role in Team Building - June 13
- Influence Skills for HR Leaders - July 18
- Agile Leadership Transformation - August 22
Continuing Education Credit:
This program is valid for 1.25 PDCs toward SHRM-CP and SHRM-SCP recertification. It is also approved for 1.25 strategic/specified HRCI credits. Recertification credit is provided only to the registered participant; full session attendance is mandatory for credit.
The use of this seal confirms that this activity has met HR Certification Institute’s® (HRCI®) criteria for recertification credit pre-approval.
Additional delivery options are available. To arrange a private session for your organization, on-site training, or a conference program/chapter meeting presentation, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 251-478-6848, ext. 700.
Mary Gormandy White is managing director of MTI Business Solutions, a leading corporate training/talent development firm working with clients throughout the United States. She specializes in training and consulting services related to HR best practices, HR certification, management, leadership, communication, team building, Everything DiSC, Five Behaviors of a Cohesive Team and more.
Mary holds graduate and undergraduate degrees in Communication. Her certifications include Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) and Everything DiSC Certified Trainer/Accredited Workplace Facilitator.
Mary’s professional background includes extensive experience in management, HR, instructional design and communication. She is a frequent keynote speaker at conferences and association meetings nationwide and teaches HR certification exam prep courses.
10 am - 11:15 am CST / 11 am - 12:15 pm EST
|Webinar Fee Options|
|Webinar Session+Recording (6 months view-able)||$ 169.00|
|All 3 Webinar Sessions+Recording (6 months view-able)||$ 425.00|