Goal setting is the heart of any practical approach to performance management. Managers, leaders, and HR professionals all play an essential role in working with employees to set and prioritize tasks. The approach leaders take when working with employees to identify and move forward with goals can have a significant impact not just on the success (or failure) of that employee, but of the overall organization.
Attend this informative session and discover best practices for partnering with your employees to establish and prioritize key goals that are strategically aligned with the organization’s overall business objectives. Learn how to apply goal setting best practices for powerful organizational results.
Key topics covered include
- Building a foundation for strategically aligned goals consistent with organizational priorities
- Linking organizational goals to team goals, with direct-line-of sight to individual performer goals
- How to establish goals through dialogue/two-way communication and employee involvement
- Structuring actionable goals using the SMART framework
- Setting expectations, priorities, and monitoring/evaluating progress along the way
- Finding the balance to support employees toward success without micromanaging
Attend live or via recording (90 day access to recording).
This program is approved for 1.5 general HRCI credits and 1.5 SHRM PDC.