What is it that separates leaders from supervisors? It's a fact that the most effective supervisors are viewed as leaders by the people they manage as well as their peers. If you want to find out how to reach your potential as a manager, this class is for you.
MTI's Leadership Essentials seminar is designed to help those who work in supervisory positions or who are planning to become managers learn the key concepts to being viewed as effective leaders. Management and leadership are two entirely different things. Many people function as supervisors without exhibiting the traits that position them as leaders with their staff members and peers within their organizations. Leadership is an intangible quality, yet it is key component of professional success. Learn more about the nature of effective leadership, leadership styles, personality types, servant leadership, and the role of power and influence.
Topics Covered in this half-day seminar include:
- The nature of leadership
- What leadership is not
- How leadership differs from management
- Characteristics of effective leaders
- Key components of leadership
- Identifying leadership potential
- Traits leaders cannot have
- Effective leadership attitude
- What is a leader?
Who should attend:
- Team Leaders
- People who want to become managers/supervisors/team leaders
- Business owners
- Human resource management professionals
- Others who have personnel management responsibilities