What is it that separates leaders from supervisors? It's a fact that the most effective supervisors are viewed as leaders by the people they manage as well as their peers. If you want to find out how to reach your potential as a manager, this class is for you.
Leadership Essentials: Learning What Separates Leaders From Managers
MTI's Leadership Essentials seminar is designed to help those who work in supervisory positions or who are planning to become managers learn the key concepts and skills required to be viewed as effective leaders. Management and leadership are two entirely different things. Many people function as supervisors without exhibiting the traits that position them as leaders with their staff members and peers within their organizations. Leadership is an intangible quality, yet it is key component of professional success. Learn more about the nature of effective leadership, leadership styles and characteristics, servant leadership, and the role of power and influence in leadership.
Get practical, concrete strategies you can apply to learn how to grow professionally as a leader and gain effective leadership skills for the workplace. Key topics covered in this informative session include:
- The nature of leadership: What it is and is not
- How leadership differs from management, and why it matters
- Characteristics of effective leaders
- Key components of leadership
- Identifying leadership potential
- Traits leaders cannot have
- Developing effective leadership skills for the workplace
- What is a leader?
Who should attend:
- Team Leaders
- High Potentials
- PProfessionals preparing for a move to management/leadership
- Business owners
- Human resource management professionals
- Others who have personnel management responsibilities