Are you new to a management position? Are you thinking about stepping up to a supervisory role? Do you have a say in hiring or promoting people to management roles within your company? If you can answer yes to any of these questions, MTI's Management Essentials course is for you.
In order to be an effective manager, an individual needs to know what management really is as an art and a science. Learn key skills for management success, ranging from basic managerial functions to the many expectations employees place on their supervisors.
Topics covered include:
- Four basic functions of management (planning, organizing, leading, controlling)
- Three categories of managerial skills (technical, human, and conceptual)
- Roles and tasks of managers
- Rewards and drawbacks of being a supervisor
- Characteristics of effective managers
- Tips for supervisory success
Who Should Attend
- New supervisors/managers
- Experienced supervisors/managers
- Team leaders
- Professionals preparing for a move to management
- Business owners
- HR professionals