Ethics Training for Managers
The decisions and actions that individuals in leadership positions, including supervisors and managers at all levels, play an important role in setting the ethical tone and standards for social responsibility within their organization. After all, employees learn what behaviors are considered acceptable within their companies from observing the actions of their leaders.
This is why it is critical for company leaders to conduct themselves in a manner that is consistent with the organization’s vision, mission, and values while also taking into account the potential impact on all stakeholder groups when making decisions. In order to do this, it is necessary to know how to apply sound ethical principles and to get in the habit of doing so daily. That's exactly what you'll learn in this informative half-day workshop.
With such a strong emphasis on the impact of ethical decision making in the business world, it is more important now than ever before that every supervisor and manager be trained regarding managerial ethics. Attend this informative session for practical strategies you can use to incorporating ethical considerations into decision
Key learning objectives include:
- The concepts of business ethics and corporate social responsibility
- How and why managers set the ethical tone for their companies
- Applying the stakeholder perspective to decision making
- Four approaches to ethical decision making (utilitarian, moral-rights, individualism, and justice)
- Individual and organizational factors that impact ethical decisions
- Setting the stage for a culture of ethics
- How having a culture of ethics impacts mission, vision, and values
- Applying a simple model for ethical decision making
- Practical guidelines to help ensure ethical decision making
Who Should Attend
This workshop is appropriate for leaders at all levels, including supervisors, managers, directors, executives and business owners.