Have you done everything you can to make sure that your supervisors and employees are prepared to deal with a workplace violence situation if they are ever faced with one? While no one ever wants to deal with such a problem, it's a fact that such situations are becoming increasingly common in the workplace. If you want to find out what to do to reduce the likelihood of workplace violence as well as how to watch for warning signs and respond in the event of a problem, this class is for you.
Workplace violence is a growing problem in the modern business world. No type of business or individual business is immune. Learn the facts about workplace violence in addition to tips for recognizing the signs, how to respond, and what not to do in order to avoid problems from escalating.
MTI's Workplace Violence seminar is designed for managers and other professionals who are concerned with taking proactive steps to maintain a safe working environment.
Topics covered in this half-day seminar include:
- What is workplace violence?
- Who is affected by workplace violence?
- Current statistics regarding workplace violence
- 4 types of workplace violence
- Where workplace violence comes from
- Situations with elevated workplace violence risk
- Triggers for workplace violence
- Warning signs of workplace violence
- Techniques for minimizing workplace violence
- How to deal with the warning signs of workplace violence
- Handing crisis situations
- Sample company workplace violence policy
- Workplace violence prevention tips
Who Should Attend
- Team leaders
- Business owners
- HR professionals